A Brief About Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Eligibility Criteria
The Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) is an ambitious credit linked subsidy scheme of the Central Government. It plans to offer ‘Housing for all’ by 2022. If you wish to live in your own home without paying higher home loan interest rates, it is possible via PMAY.
The PMAY credit linked subsidy scheme offers a subsidy on home loan interest rates at 6.5% onwards as per the income groups that you belong to.
However, you need to abide by the PMAY eligibility criteria for being able to reap the benefits of this housing project. Go through this quick post to know about the PMAY Scheme 2019 eligibility criteria that you need to meet.
Pm Awas Yojana Eligibility Conditions at a Glance
To avail the subsidy under the credit linked subsidy scheme of PMAY, some eligibility conditions are defined for income groups. These income groups are Lower Income Group (LIG), Economically Weaker Section (EWS) and Middle Income Groups (I and II).
Here is a quick look at the eligibility criteria for each income group.
Ews and Lig Income Groups Eligibility
- The household should not own a Pucca home in any region of India either in his/her name or any of his family member’s names.
- In this case, a family comprises of husband, wife, unmarried sons and unmarried daughters.
- You must not have opted for any assistance from the Center/state in the form of any housing scheme from the Indian Government ever.
- It is mandatory to have an adult female member.
- The property should be co-owned by a female member of your family.
- The location of your property should fall under the jurisdictions of legal cities and towns as per the census and their adjacent planning area which is updated by Government from time to time.
Mig Income Group (I and II) Eligibility
- An applicant should not have any Pucca house anywhere in India either in his/her name or in the name of the family members.
- Here, a family means husband, wife, unmarried sons and unmarried daughters. An adult earning member of the family (his/her marital status notwithstanding) would be considered as a separate household.
- You should have availed any Center/State assistance under any housing scheme backed by the Government of India ever.
- An adult female member in a housing property is a must.
- The property needs to be co-owned by a female member of your family.
- The property’s location must be under the statutory cities and towns as per the census of 2011 or the adjacent planning area updated by the Government.
Documents Required for PM Awas Yojana
Other than meeting the discussed PMAY eligibility, credit linked subsidy scheme applicant also needs to furnish some vital documents. Here is a list of some vital documents that will complete the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana eligibility.
- KYC documents
- Salary Slips or recent bank account statements
- Last 2 years’ Income Tax Returns (ITR)
- Bank account statements of the previous 2 years
- Affidavit/self-certificate as proof of income
- Customer declaration and undertaking
- Extra application form, and
- Aadhaar Card
In India, you can find many nationalized and private banks, non-banking finance companies (NBFCs) that are participating in the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana.
You can get in touch with one of them today and know any other eligibility that you need to meet.
When the Government is helping you live in your own home, you should not let this golden opportunity slip. Identify your income group and apply for PMAY accordingly.